• COMPLETED •
SILVER SPRING, MD
UNITED THERAPEUTICS / DDOMAL
SCOPE OF WORK:
• 56,000 SF of custom unitized curtainwall that incorporates the use of electrochroamatic glass, solar panels and custom break metal shapes.
• 15, 000 SF of stick built storefront and skylight systems.
• Custom sunshades.
• Installation of materials designed & fabricated by Frener-Reifer.
• Aluminum Curtainwall and Storefront with MegaTherm technology accommodating 1" glazing.
• Medium Style MegaTherm Doors.
• Construction Specialties Storm Louvers and Acoustical Louvered Wall.
• Aluminum Fabrication by Jordan Architectural Products LP.
PROJECT: Located in Silver Spring, MD the building includes office space, laboratories, retail space, and 11,000 SF of public use space. United Therapeutics is the first net zero building in the county. The building itself is self-sustainable through the use of solar panels, green roofs, specialized placement of natural light emitting windows and air flow. New building on the United Therapeutics Silver Spring Campus.
General Contractor: Whiting-Turner
Owner: United Therapeutics Corporation
Job Completion: October 2018